Consideration for the environment and sustainable logistics have always been very important for QTRADO Logistics. We have been officially certified by the Technical Rhineland Control Board [TÜV Rheinland] to the environmental management standard EN ISO 14001:2015 since 9 August 2018.
The certification of the quality management system EN ISO 9001:2015 we have had in force since 2003 has been successfully renewed too. This means:
• 15 years of continual growth,
• 15 years of continual improvement
of logistics services and systems for our customers.
QTRADO Logistics offers you greater transparency than other competitors. A record is made of all processes in terms of their quality and environmental impact. We fine tune our processes continually and enhance our process performance. The continual development of our quality and environmental management system is underpinned by internal and internal audits conducted each year. These make it easier for you to assess the performance of the logistics service provider who is right for your needs.
Sustainability is, and will continue to be, an important consideration in logistics in the coming years. Everyone is talking about the buzzword green logistics.
- Do you differentiate yourself from your competition with environmentally friendly products?
- Do you practice sustainability and environmental protection in general?
- Are you aware that adopting an environmentally-friendly approach really does not have to cost the earth?
Make a corporate statement by selecting a logistics service provider who is a good match for your firm.
An environmental management system facilitates and promotes transparency and continual improvement. We have maintained a record of all processes, and in each case we have analysed the environmental impact of them. We have calculated our consumption of:
• Waste water
• Heating costs
• Paper waste and other waste generated and
• Pollutant emissions
We have set ourselves specific targets in all areas in which we have an impact upon the environment. We monitor our target achievement constantly.
• Heat recovery has reduced our gas consumption,
• Optimised routes have reduced fuel consumption by 5%,
• Disciplined waste sorting has resulted in a reduction of 13% in our residual waste and a corresponding increase in recyclables.
These and other new and integrated measures save valuable raw materials, and at the same time save us money too.
All QTRADO Logistics employees have been involved in the logistics sustainability measures. They play an active part in implementing, and compliance with, the new requirements. Even small changes in working methods can have a considerable impact, for example
• Reducing paper consumption by only printing out what really has to be printed out
• Increasing the ratio of recyclables by sorting waste carefully
• Reducing electricity consumption by not using stand-by facilities
Environmental protection is important to QTRADO Logistics. Ideas put forward by the staff for improving systems are evaluated, and, if worthwhile, they are put into practice accordingly. QTRADO Logistics also believes that there should be greater sustainability in logistics.
What has moved us to implement environmental management at QTRADO Logistics?
1. Energy and raw materials are becoming more expensive, and that has an impact upon our prices. To keep our prices down we keep an eye on our consumption figures.
2. New statutory regulations and future changes in the law are implemented more efficiently and rapidly by operating a management system. This means that you can be on the safe side with us.
3. The constant changes in consumer behaviour and changes in the way our customers think forces us to embrace continual development all the time. By working together with us you are making a corporate statement proclaiming your commitment to sustainability and environmental protection.
4. QTRADO Logistics intends to introduce the future industry standards pre-emptively to consolidate our competitive advantage.
We only have one world. Let’s use its resources sparingly!